Want to show the hiring manager that you are the right fit for the job? Follow these tips on how you can tailor your resume to the job description to improve your chances of job search success!
TIP 1: MATCH IT UP
Connecting the dots for the HR manager improves your chances of securing an interview:
- Fit your skills and experiences on your resume to the role in the job post
- Use keywords and phrases in the job ad and tailor them into your resume
TIP 2: IT’S ALL ABOUT VALUE
Demonstrate you are a qualified candidate and a perfect fit:
- List your most recent and compelling experiences and accomplishments higher up
- Position yourself from the employer’s perspective
Want to learn more about how to put your best self forward in job interviews? Consult one of our Career Connect officers now.
TIP 3: HIGHLIGHT YOUR ASSETS
- Indicate soft skills (e.g. good communicator). Back this up with relevant experiences from recent jobs
- List the relevant courses you’ve undergone and your recent certifications