Branding is not just for companies, products, and services. In fact, having a professional brand will elevate your value proposition and expertise, and package them into a powerful identity that sets you apart.
“Your professional brand is the single idea that comes to the minds of people who have interacted with you.”
Here are 4 tips to take your LinkedIn profile to the next level.
Join LinkedIn groups
- Join the dialogue on trending topics
- Connect with like-minded professionals to discuss shared skills, industry learning and job-specific questions
- Remember that every post you make, and every question you answer, is an opportunity to build your professional brand
- Get a step by step guide to joining a LinkedIn group
- Be sure to include specific skills in your LinkedIn Profile
- Don’t be shy to ask for skill endorsements, recommendations, and testimonials from clients, employers, and colleagues
- Request for them to state specific examples and the results for it to be more convincing
Publish content regularly
- Employers look for candidates with the expertise to solve their business problems
- Highlight your expertise by crafting thoughtful articles, reflections, advice and opinions
- Share projects that you are working on, lessons you have gained, and your professional opinion on articles that you are reading.
- Remember, your professional brand is not just who you are. It is what you do!
Connect with the right people
- It’s not just about growing your list of contacts
- Expand your network by connecting with alumni, colleagues, bosses, customers, suppliers, and competitors
- Connect strategically with people whom you may not know but share the same interests or are in the same industry as you
Finally, helping others on LinkedIn is a crucial way to build your professional brand. Be sure to give advice, share job leads, provide endorsements and congratulate people on their successes!